Monday, 14 September 2009

My first machine embroidered felt landscape.

 
My second attempt at machine embroidery on felt.

 
I've been a little more adventurous this time. I was worried about the small size of the machine stitches but I think it has worked out quite well. I really must get the pedal looked at as it only goes at a fast speed.

 
The little flowers on the left are cut out from a late 18th century piece of fabric that was very distressed. I puched them into the base felt with the embellisher.

 
I also worked some hand embroidery onto the flowers to give more texture and added some handmade lace for further effect.

 
Finally the sky. With the use of net and coloured wools I am rather pleased with the effect. Skies are always a problem for me but this one seems OK.
Post a Comment