Sunday 30 October 2016

Unique felt brooch with 1930s rococco ribbon trim. Yellow garden by Feltissimo


My inspiration for for this pretty felt brooch was a country garden.

I make all of my felt by hand, using Merino wool fibres. By using the wet felting method, I get the the wool fibres to entangle together to create a firm felt fabric. The machine stitching I have used on the felt brooch has raised some areas creating small flower beds which I filled with embroidery. A variety of stitches were used using vintage recycled silk threads. Further texture was added by using 1930’s rococco ribbon flowers to make this felt brooch unique. 


Measurements - approx. 8.5cms/3.34" deep x 8.5cms/3.34" wide at the widest points.

This pretty felt brooch will make a wonderful addition to a jumper, cardigan, dress or blouse. It would also look great on a bag.

 The customer will receive the felt brooch packaged securely in a box. I will then place the box in a plastic postage bag to keep dry. Feltissimo has many years experience of shipping items. I pride myself in ensuring that all items arrive at their destination in good condition.

No comments: