Saturday 25 August 2018

Embroidery art, Felt art, floral art, textile art. 2018 hot Summer

This year has been very difficult for me. To get through it all I have concentrated in the main on my art work, felting and embroidery have been my saviours.

Now that I seem to have come out to the other side I am ready to start sharing my creations.


I have called this art piece 2018 Hot Summer.
It is all handmade including the felt that the textiles and embroidery have been added to. The felt has been made using merino wool fibres and pure silk strands and felted by the wet felting method. 




I love to use antique textiles in my work and the flower above is early 19th century.

 There is lots of history in this piece as the lace and silks are very old as  well. The embroidery threads I used are either antique or vintage. I love to add something different and the little butterfly on the flower has been cut from some antique embroidered braid.

This art piece has been attached to an acid free mount board ready for framing.

If you would like to remember this years hot Summer then it can be purchased on my

Here are a few more detailed images og the piece.









No comments: