Wednesday 6 December 2017

Robins always cheer me up.



What a lovely little chap, he really cheers me up on this dark and dismal day.
The shot was taken on a walk through the Silverdale  RSPB Leighton Moss nature reserve. There were robins everywhere, in fact one flew almost into my granddaughter's face.

Today I pick up my new after my old had engine failure. I'm a little apprehensive, although it is a lovely car it has an electronic hand brake which I've never had before. Just worried about hill starts as I was told that you have to put your foot on the brake when disengaging the hand brake. I will have to have a long chat with the garage and do lots of practice if that is the case. I always feel a little nervous driving different cars for at least the first couple of time but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Off to see mum this afternoon in her care home. She will soon be 91 and has developed alzheimers with vascular dementia. I always feel so sad when I visit her as she is in a world of her own and can't follow a conversation at all. The upside is that she is getting 24 hour care and her room has a wonderful view over Morecambe bay to the hills of the Lake District.


No comments: